1. Your Why, Dreams and Goals
If you have a burning “Why” inside, you can accomplish anything you put your mind and heart to.
Therefore, the most successful consultants are those who can see their “Why” with passion. What is your reason for pursuing this opportunity?
What is your Dream? Your vision will ignite your passion for success. Make a decision based on your desired outcome. This determination and focus will motivate you into action. Success is the reward you acquire for hitting your goal. Stir up your current emotions. Write them down so you can see them on a daily basis. For example, more time with family, extra money at the end of the month, FREEDOM.
"If it’s to be it’s up to me!”
- Write down your Dreams. Define where you want to be in the next 3 months, 6 months and a year? How much extra income do you want to be earning? Where do you want to be? Where do you see yourself? Dream Big!
- Build a Dream Board. FIND pictures of things, places, people, activities and situations that define your dream. Place your dreams everywhere. Be as specific as you can. Images from magazines and newspapers can define your “Why”. Keep your dreams handy, by your bed, in the bathroom, kitchen, in your car, your office. This will keep you on track.
“You must see it before you can achieve it!”
- Keep your dreams visible, not only to yourself, but to everyone else around you. Especially your spouse, your sponsor and upline team leaders. This will help you stay committed. It will also allow them to assist you in setting goals that will help you reach your dreams.
“It is your written Goals and your passionate Why that leads to your Dreams coming True.”
2. Set up your Commitments
Simply writing down your dreams is no guarantee for success. In order for your Dreams and Goals to be meaningful, you must stay committed. Your plan is to not just start your business, but finish what you started! Let’s make a commitment together! Let’s finish what we started. Be determined! Deciding to invest some time, energy and financial resources in yourself and your business will not only determine your level of personal success, but also greatly influence those whom you bring into the business.
- Make a decision to use the ALU resources (the teaching, training and support tools) made available to you. Although it is optional, we highly recommend that you utilize the ALU resources.
- Make a commitment to purchase a minimum of 25 pieces (50 pv) each month and begin educating yourself on the Jewelry and Accessories and the benefits that the business offers.
- Look for opportunities to share the product and the opportunity with all your family, friends and acquaintances. When you share the Jewelry and Accessories, it will open the door to sharing the income opportunity. Make a habit of always having product on hand with you.
“It’s much easier to show it than to explain it.”
- Take action. Become a student of your business. Educate yourself on every facet of the opportunity. Use and practice the skills necessary to build your organization. There is a cycle of learning to become successful in every business. That cycle can greatly increase your chance to achieve positive results when you persistently and consistently apply those steps.
The Learning Cycle is:
- Define your Dreams and Goals. Write down your goals and read them daily. Continually test them to make sure they remain consistent with your values. Make commitments to them.
- Develop an Action Plan. Make a list of names. Schedule all the activities suggested to reach your goals. Purchase the products. Read the Building your Paparazzi Business book and study the ALU support literature through your own business. Share with others and plug into the support S.Y.S.T.E.M. (Save.Yourself Stress.Time.Energy.Money) Educate yourself so you can inform others.
- Set your Action Plan in Motion. Now is the time to implement your plan. Remember to share the products and opportunity often. Consistency and Persistency is a must to accomplishing this.
"Thinking about sharing it, does not qualify as doing it!"
- Enroll, Sponsor and Activate: Help those with a desire to achieve their dreams and advance from the prospect level up to a 3n3 Director and above. Get a Starter Kit, share and influence 3 people in 3 days to become a Director. Finally repeat the process with your new Consultants.
“Friends do what Friends do.”
3. Build a Prospect List – Then Contact & Invite
Building your Paparazzi Business Book - page 29
Write down the names, phone numbers and emails of everyone you know who might like fashion-forward accessories at an affordable price. Most importantly, just have fun as you help them do something that will bring them great joy and satisfaction into their life. Use the Memory jogger (ALU-13) to assist you writing down the first 50-100 names of prospects.
Your cell phone is your best resource. Keep the memory jogger close to you. As names pop into your head, write them down. Continue to go down and look at the categories, asking yourself who, what, where questions. By the time you reach the end, you’ll be amazed how many people you know.
You do not want to prejudge, but you do want to pre-qualify. In time everyone deserves the opportunity to at least see, touch and wear the fashion-forward accessories. Do not leave any person off the list. They are the foundation of your business. A quick list of at least 15-20 people (use your cell phone), whom you are most close to or whom you feel most confident in approaching should be the first names on your prospect list.
You will want to expand your list daily as you realize that every one of all ages, local and long distance, will be open to hearing about the product, opportunity and interested in developing a second income. Start with those who you know and you’ll be surprised how many people you’ll reach. Write them down and look for opportunities to reconnect with them. Picture them saying, “Yes!” Then commit to guiding and assisting those individuals and couples to the levels of success they desire.
A long term, effective distribution network is built by building relationships, not by rules or policies or just playing the numbers. This will be your strength. Choose wisely with whom to share. You can only effectively lead a few into the business at a time.
“Work where you are celebrated, not tolerated.”
Contact people who are fun and with whom you would enjoy vacationing and sharing success with. The return on your investment will be determined by the value and potential you see in others.
“Yes, we are unique!”
There are many ways to meet, qualify and invite people to see and share the jewelry and opportunity. The world is full of people who desire a better life and an additional stream of income. By simply being part of this incredible network, you will meet untold numbers of others searching for opportunity. Be thoughtful, be attentive and be sensitive. Listen to people’s needs and many doors will open for you. One of the greatest books ever written is Dale Carnegie’s “How to win Friends & Influence People.” This book is recommended for everyone. An easy way to begin the process is to invite someone to view the jewelry and accessories. This is done by having a one on one meeting. STP - Share the Product and Show the Plan. You can then invite them to an event or to the next home party. Often in the beginning you’ll want to invite your prospects over for a cup of coffee or just a casual appointment. Home parties are a premiere way to expose them to the opportunity. Keep things simple; grow your business as you build it. In the beginning stages Keep It Super Simple (KISS principle). You should qualify people prior to STP'ing them. Ask them questions...Have you ever looked at ways of earning some additional income? Are you in a position to take advantage of an opportunity if one came your way? Do you ever look at ways to improve your lifestyle and your families? Be honest, up-front and sincere when inviting folks to see and hear about the opportunity. Your prospects will see your excitement, enthusiasm, belief and conviction will come through if you are convinced!
Whatever approach you use, keep in mind that your purpose is not to “explain” the opportunity. Your purpose is to invite them to see the Jewelry and Accessories and secondly, to share the opportunity. Your sponsor and/or upline will give you assistance in this area of effective qualifying.
One simple way to get started is to invite people you know to your home to show them the Jewelry and Accessories. Ask your sponsor or upline to be present with your first party, if possible.
A Simple Way to Start Conversations
Most often when we begin the process of contacting and inviting people we try to tell them about the product instead of focusing on the task of qualifying them to see if they are really looking for an opportunity.
“Remember, you are looking for people who are looking.”
One simple way to do this is to use a formula that helps you find someone’s “why”, their reason for looking.
Many people have found the formula to be an easy way to stay on track and engage the prospect to see if they are looking.
When the process is combined with the placement program it is an effective and stress-free approach to contacting and inviting.
The key to becoming successful with contacting and inviting is practice.
Take the time to practice with your spouse, family members and friends until you have the steps memorized and can flow through them easily.
F. Family – How’s the family – husband – kids? How are they doing? What’s going on in their lives? How’s their school? What are they doing this summer? Any family vacations or trips coming up soon?
O. Occupation – How long they have been in (occupation)? Give a compliment on an apparent skill if you see one that applies to their occupation. How is it going?
R. Recreation – What do they enjoy or what do they have an interest in doing with their free time?
M. Motive – Try to find out what is their motivating them to be interested in a secondary source of income – their why. Better health, pays off some bills, buy a new car, and tithe more at their church?
How to Deal With People
There are always four things you should keep in mind when contacting and inviting people. Two of these things you should always do and two of them you should understand.
- TO DO - Always work to maintain or increase someone’s self-esteem. This will always leave an open door and give you the ability to feel at ease with anyone in a variety of economic levels.
- UNDERSTAND – People do not operate from the truth; they operate from their perception of the truth. With this understanding, you will not become defensive when people raise objections about the product or opportunity.
- TO DO – Maintain a positive and effective attitude. Your attitude is a tool; ask yourself if it is working for or against you. Learn to smile when you talk to someone. It will at least make you appear to have a confident attitude that is non-threatening.
- UNDERSTAND – You must understand your responsibility in the relationship with the person you are talking to. By understanding this responsibility, you express your willingness to support them in working toward their dreams. The person you are talking to is thinking, maybe this will allow us to pay off our credit cards…maybe we will have more free time to do the quality things that families should do. When you sponsor someone, it is the beginning and not the end of your responsibility to them as their sponsor you haven’t just “made a sale.”
By practicing these four steps you will begin to see how their implementation will benefit both new relationships and those you already have.
4. Have a Jewelry Party and STP - Show The Plan
Building your Paparazzi Business Book - page 23
To start with, it is important not to feel overwhelmed or intimidated. Remember, you are sharing the product and the opportunity; you are the messenger, not a salesperson.
- Inviting & Hosting a Party (pages 23-37) – Before you receive your first order; start organizing your first home party. Keep It Super Simple (KISS principle). Find ways to invite those who you can meet with immediately to see, touch and share your excitement about offering fashion-forward accessories at an affordable price. Make everyone guess the price, before telling them what it is. Determine their level of interest. This is a low pressure environment, especially at the retail price point. More Party Tips (pages 38-51)
Basic Guidelines for having a successful Jewelry Party
- Invite people to arrive at their convenience between 5:30 & 7:30 PM. Emphasize fun and ease. Whether they drop by after work or come after dinner. They have plenty of time. Explain there are no presentations, no catalogs or ordering. Keep your parties time consistent so it will never be in doubt.
- The ideal room for a gathering is the family room or the place you have fun in. Do not make it too formal.
- Be Branded. Wear the jewelry and accessories. Wear clothing that is Branded ALU or Paparazzi – casual, but professional.
- Create an environment that will help the guests focus on the products. The products should be displayed in a room with plenty of light. Display the jewelry and hair accessories on a clothed table.
- No refreshments are necessary, however if you do wish to provide refreshments, Keep It Super Simple (KISS principle). Chilled water and a small snack tray (Chips and dip) will suffice.
- The host greets everyone and invites them to simply come in and enjoy themselves…..and Have fun!
- Place an informational flier (ALU- ) on hosting a party and the opportunity in the pink customer bag, so they may contact you at a later date.
- Book a Party from a Party (page 42) – Once you have had your first party, you will identify those who are excited. You will see it in their face. At that point ask them to book a party on the spot. Better yet tell them, “Let’s do this together. I will sponsor you and I will help you with your first party!”
- Events or Large Expo (page 52) - Hosting an event or large expo can be a great way to introduce the Jewelry and Accessories into your community. In the beginning, we strongly encourage you to look for smaller events close to home. A great source is online at your local news outlet, under events or calendar. Another resource would be in your FREE local community publication. The best events are the FREE ones. There are local events out there that would love to have you participate at their event for FREE. If you are going to pay for an event, the best ones cost anywhere from $40 to $75 a day. One of the biggest resources at these events is meeting great people. Some of the nicest people you will meet are other vendors. Remember, you are sharing the product and the opportunity; you are the messenger not a salesperson. Identify those people who would like to host a home party or join you as a consultant. Have them fill out an opportunity card (ALU-OC) so you can contact and follow up. Have fun!
- 3- Way Call – This is the most underused tool. Most cell phones have the ability to call two people at a time. New Distributors should use their upline in the information and recruiting process. Prospects may trust you, but this does not mean they will sign up on the spot. You can get assistance and learn the process of successfully sponsoring people by inviting your active upline to help you. Your active upline is experienced at addressing a prospect’s questions/concerns and explaining the business opportunity. Plan 2-5 minutes to qualify and determine interest level, and 5-10 minutes to share the product, people, plan, and program for getting started.
- 1 on 1 meeting – Share the product with them. If possible have your sponsor or active upline with you. The idea is to be as comfortable as possible and simple share the products and opportunity. The flip chart is the best use for a 1 on 1 presentation.
5. Follow up and Get Started
It has been said, “The fortune lies in the follow-up.” Follow-up is crucial to getting people engaged in your business. An effective practice is booking a party from a party. You will be surprised how many people are looking for an opportunity. When you have a party and the guests see the fun, excitement, and ease…. questions of curiosity begin to arise. This is a great time to have them fill out an opportunity card (ALU-OC) (page 43). Keep it short. Spending all your time with one person, can make the other guests feel uncomfortable.
“Don’t tell them anything, until you can tell them everything.”
Don’t be surprised to find out that many will make a decision to get started as a consultant immediately after seeing the product and recognizing the opportunity for the first time. The follow- up process actually begins from the time you contact your prospect. This is a good reason to see them again. Be sure to book & keep your follow-up appointments. Contact your follow-up within 24-48 hours after the party. Make sure your follow-up is personal and informal to allow for openness and honesty. It will create an atmosphere for prospects to ask questions and allow you to help them define their dreams and reasons for considering this opportunity. The key purpose for the follow-up is to review the opportunity, show the plan and offer further assistance in getting the new prospect started.
It is extremely important that your prospect know you are a person of your word and that you care enough to make sure they understand what the financial opportunity is, and that you feel it can benefit both of you by working together.
Be prepared to sponsor them during the follow-up. Get them to your website. Remember, your prospect must feel that you have their best interest in mind.
The key is to remember: this is an opportunity, and an opportunity is all about TIMING. While the timing for someone might not be good today, it could be perfect in the near future. You never know unless you follow-up consistently. Keep accurate records as to when spoken with each prospect along with what product and information you’ve shared so you can effectively follow-up.
Once a prospect has been exposed to the Jewelry and Accessories, one of three decisions are made:
- I’d love to book a Party.
- I want to become a Consultant now.
- I would like more information.
Once the prospect has decided on a commitment level, book a party, enroll them through the very simple sign up procedure. Introduce them to your sponsor or give them a copy of the application so they can see their commitment level they wish to start with. In getting people started, you will find that LEADING them into a decision is how this typically works. You will have many ask you how they go about getting involved in the business. Others will just follow your lead as what to do next. “It’s as easy as getting enrolled, ordering your kit and becoming a Director in 3n3 (3 consultants in 3 days) (page 119).”
Most prospects will not ask you to get started. Instead, you should ask them what they liked best about the opportunity and then ask them if there is any reason they can think of for not taking advantage of this opportunity. Once they are ready to engage, help your new consultant with the planning process of contacting and inviting.
6. Counsel with your Active Upline
Counseling with your sponsor and/or active upline is an important key to your success. Tap into the experience and wisdom of those who went before you. If you wish to reach your levels you desire it takes three things:
- A desire to be successful.
- Someone who is successful.
- A willingness to teach success.
It’s a win/win for you and your upline. The more successful they help you become, the more they are rewarded. Although you are ultimately responsible for your own success, there are people above you that are part of your team that will help you as much as you will allow.
As you rise in the business, you will find that your success is determined by how many people you influence to become successful. Your active upline can, and will, help you to determine how often you should sit down to review your business plan and evaluate your process. Remember, your sponsor and upline have a vested interest in your success, so respect their time and advice as it applies. Having a go-to consultant that is dedicated to assisting you in your success is just another example of why this business will work for just about any willing individual. When in doubt, always contact someone in your upline. This team approach to your success is powerful. It has been said: Experience is the best teacher, as long as it’s someone else's experience…then it is wisdom. Learning from the experience of others will give you the opportunity to grow at a preferred pace.
7. Duplicate yourself and the 7 Step Pattern
“Lead by example and you will find those who will duplicate you.”
Your success will ultimately be determined by your ability to duplicate yourself through those you enroll in your organization. No matter what you do, those who you bring into your organization WILL duplicate your habits and commitments: good habits and not so good habits. You are their example and leader. Be what you want others to be on your team. This is personal development for your prosperity.
- Lead by example. Practice what you want your organization to produce. Read the Building your Paparazzi Business book. Follow the 7 Savvy Steps for your success; faithfully stay committed to your why, dreams, and goals. Practice and keep your focus daily. Book parties and influence people into your business along the way. Assist your consultants with their first party and help them become Directors by helping them sponsor their first 3 consultants in 3 days (page 119).
Keeping your message simple allows you to connect with larger groups to better understand and then to duplicate your actions. KISS them (Keep It Super Simple), so everyone can understand and move forward with their business. Everyone doing a little bit on the team will add up to great success. Build YOUR team as a model and then go duplicate that model as something ALL will want to follow. A leader is someone who leads by example. You should always do what you wish others to do. Always remember: what you DO speaks more loudly than what you SAY. Actions always speak louder than words…Just do it and it will get done…Go A-Lister & beyond!
7 Savvy Success Tips
Share the Product and the Opportunity
You can do all the other steps, but unless you share the Jewelry and Accessories and sponsor new consultants, your business won’t grow. Set your goal to be a Go-Getter by exposing everyone to Jewelry and Accessories and the Opportunity a minimum of 5-8 times a week.
Personal Use and Retail Customers
Your organization duplicates you. You should be your best customer.. Set and achieve a goal to purchase at least 50 pieces of jewelry and accessories every month. Brand yourself with clothing, have the product in your car, do whatever it takes to create curiosity. You want people to come up to you and ask, “What’s Paparazzi?” You then say, “I’m glad you asked!”
Sharing the jewelry and accessories with your customers is a key element to your personal profit. Set and achieve a goal to develop and regularly share with 5-8 customers.
Listen and Read
Consultants who want their business to grow will listen to CDs every day. These are for both wives and husbands. Develop a routine and habit to listen and learn from CDs. Reading is vital to your personal growth. As you grow, so will your business. Make a commitment to at least read 15 minutes a day. Make a habit of reading a little bit each and every day. You will find yourself becoming more confident and assured in your actions. We suggest the following books: How to Win Friends and Influence People, How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People, Go for No, Rich Woman, A Purpose Driven Life, Your Best Life Yet and Think and Grow Rich. Do the best to implement those ideas into your daily routine. Everyone needs encouragement, motivation, education and inspiration daily to stay positive!
Participate in Meetings & Conferences
Association, knowledge, motivation and inspiration are the keys to your growth. Set and achieve a goal of attending every Convention, Conference, Major Business Function and local and Regional Meetings available.
Be teachable: set and achieve a goal to counsel once a month with your plugged in active and growing upline. Counsel with the wise and become wise. This will help keep you and your business on track. This is how you develop a friendship and trust.
Total Accountability, Integrity and Relationships
Let your word be your bond. Do what you say. Be faithful to your personal responsibilities. Be dependable to both your active upline and your team. Remember your personal Integrity is the key to the strength of your team, and your team is the key to your success. Relationships are the glue to your business.
“No one will care how much you know, until they know how much you care.”
Become a friend, and you’ll have friends. Build friendships and your business will blossom.
“Friends do what friends do!”
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen. Faith will move mountains and create large teams. Learn to see it, before you see it…Believe what you have asked for, then just trust in the Lord for the desired results. You do your part, the Lord will do his.
Call - Paparazzi Accessories Corporate (855) 697-2727
Like us on Facebook ~ Hit "Like" ~ Visit us at Ms. Makenzee.com
Training/Fun/Tips ~ www.youtube.com/msmakenzee